Tuesday, March 28, 2006


Yesterday was, like, one of the best days of my time here, sort of. Well, I might be exaggerating, sure, but it is one of hte best days in recent memory that I can actually tell you about. A while back, I asked the Philippino guys who perform maintenance around the tents if they could build me a pull-up bar. I added, of course, that I would pay them. Well, they are nice guys, and they like me, so they might have done it for free, but I wanted to pay them. Yesterday, they finished the job and installed my precious pull-up bar right in front of the entrance to Hooch 39 (the new Tent 27, since we had to move beceause of safety regulations). Now, I have my own fitness apparatus right where I can conveniently walk buy and knock out a few pull-ups every time I enter or exit the tent. I am soon to be a super-human pull-up machine. My goal is to be able to do 20 dead hangs by the time I leave here.

Are you wondering what the dangly things are? Those are rock rings, and using those as hand holds instead of gripping the bar increases the difficulty level exponentially. It's for developing a rock climber's grip!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

Now you are even cooler!!!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 10:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home