Thursday, December 08, 2005

Guess who just won Backcountry.com's Horde photo contest?!! YESSSS! I totally nailed it. First prize is a gift certificate for $1000 to spend on one of the world's best websites. They could NOT have chosen a more grateful person, nor a person who is better able to pick some super-righteous gear for her collection. Backcountry, you made me feel like a rock star. Thank you!
This is, without a doubt, the coolest non-athletic contest I have ever won. Super cool. The news really kicked my day off to a great start. The Hordeman emailed me a couple of days ago to let me know how "classic" he thought the photo was. He sent it around to the whole company, apparently, and he said he was going to give me some stuff for sending them such a cool picture. So I was expecting a T-shirt or something (also very cool), but a few days later (today), I was notified that I have won first prize! The news made me jump out of my seat and do a little dance.
Here's the photo entry info:
Show us your goat! - photo contestSend us a photo of your Backcountry.com goat logo sticker placed in some kind of scenic-creative-wild-out-of-the-ordinary-not-on-a-cop-car location and who knows, you could be the 1st place winner who will receive $1000 to spend on our site.
For aspiring photographers this could be your big break! A panel of Backcountry.com employees, who have nothing to do with photo editing will select the winners.
Prizes:
1st Place -$1000 to spend on Backcountry.com, published photo in our newsletter, fame and fortune
2nd Place -$500 to spend on Backcountry.com and knowing you didn’t take 1st.
3rd Place -$250 to spend on Backcountry.com
Most creative -$250 to spend on Backcountry.com
The intern’s favorite -$250 to spend on Backcountry.com (well, the intern has to contribute somehow, right?)
Entries must include the Goat. If you happen to include the goat participating in a backcountry sport-hiking, climbing, skiing, snowboarding, trail running, or kayaking, we’ll think that your goat is one hardcore goat. One photo per goat sticker.
The photo that won is the lead photo on December 5th's blog. (Posted just below the one below his one.) I have several stickers because you get one with every order, and I even brought one with me from home with the intention of entering the contest. Well, I'm glad I finally did it. I sent in a couple of photos, and the email trail and entries are posted below. Hope you get a kick out of it. I sure did!

And that's all she wrote. I am so dang lucky!

Have a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home