Monday, June 19, 2006

To see a HILARIOUS Saddam video, click HERE, and to read his blog, click HERE.

I have a lot to tell ya'll about. It's too bad the internet sucks so bad here that posting is next to impossible. Pictures are totally impossible to load at work, and the wireless net is too crowded by the time I get home from work to post photos, so I am at a loss. Now would be a very good time, but of course I left my photos at work. I'm in the tent now, waiting for Dave to wake up so I can say good morning. He's going out of town for a couple of weeks, and chatting might not be feasible.

Work is ok, but a certain entity keeps screwing things up, and it makes things very frustrating. I don't want to speak ill of any group in particular; I just want to vent a little. Of course, I can't really vent here, so I will just leave it at that. Somehow, even those few words have allowed me to feel a bit better. Whew.

It is hot as crap here. Let me give you a comparison you can understand. Have you ever baked cookies? Ever baked chicken? You know that waft of hot air you get as you open the oven while your face is right down at door level? You know how you fear for a moment that your eyebrows might have been torched off? Yeah, well, that's the feeling you get when you step outside in Iraq, and the feeling lasts all day long. We totally want out of the oven, but there is no relief. First of all, I just went for a 20-minute run outside, and it is about 110 F. I went to shower, and the water was scalding hot because it comes into the makeshift showers through an uninsulated pipe. 35 min after my shower, I am still sweating in my airconditioned tent. I am sitting here typing in my underwear to keep from soaking my clothes before I have to head back to work. It is 3:35 in the afternoon. Running or doing any physical outside is strongly discouraged. I am not good at following directions. Anyway, it's only going to get worse, and I am not prepared to move my workouts indoors. I also run in the mornings, with Sabah, but I'll tell you about that in another blog.

I just wanted to send a quick shout out while I had the energy and the desire. Four more months and I am outta here!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy
Good pics. Just like being here as I am too. A little advice dont take pictures around wild type base commanders at Mosul. He mentioned something about jail and zip tie handcuffs.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:12:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Haha. Roger that. There's a no-photo zone here, too...and I am not planning on breaking that rule!

Monday, June 26, 2006 2:09:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Glad your husband is home. And, yes, his analogy is accurate. As you can see from reading my blog, I don't have to go out and do the scary stuff like convoy security. Those guys and gals are truly amazing, and my thoughts are with them always. Cheers, and thanks for reading.

Monday, June 26, 2006 8:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home