Monday, July 03, 2006

Flak Club plankowners: Ami, Raja, Nancy.

As I've mentioned in a previous blog or two, I run here each Sunday with the Lost Lake Hash House Harriers (L2H3).
Well, this Sunday's hash was cancelled in lieu of a special 0630 4th of July run Tuesday. A few of us were talking during Saturday's BBQ, and we decided it would be fun to hold a hash on Sunday, regular time, in addition to the 4th of July hash.
I sent a message out to the group, and I informed them of the following:
Hashers, A few of us were talking yesterday, and we decided there should be a hash run today, in addition to the 4th of July hash. To make it easy, we will forego the haring and the hashish and just "run"...
CheyenneDoHer and I are thinking we should do a Lost Lake H2 Flak Vest run. 1.66 miles. 'Round the lake...
Meeting at boxing ring, with flaks, at 1700. Be there or be square...
-T.S.
_________________
ONLY FOUR OF US SHOWED UP; GO FIGURE.
And here are some replies I received:
_________________
Hmmmmm, to "make it easy and forgo the haring and hashish and just 'run'" Sure doesn't sound like hashing to me at all, it just sounds like running. Which is not what we in the L2H3 do, last time I checked. Hope you enjoyed your run...
-Eunuch
_____________________
OK... Let me get my head wrapped around this...A (Former Marine) Female Officer in a largely Army-centric Male environment suggesting that we double-up on the weekend's Hashing activities by suggesting a 'Flak Vest' fun-run... HUmmmm?Now that is HARD! ... I don't know if I should Shamed or (what). Either way, I Like It!!! Sadly- I work nights and can not play. Maybe next time, T.S. I will however, be there with bells on Tuesday Morning!On-On!!!-
-RunsFromBeaver
_________________
At any rate, we decided, due to the success of our flak run, to form a new club. It isn't yet named, but we're thinking either "Can you Flak it?" or "Flak Club." Please go ahead and vote or send recommendations. We meet every Wednesday and Friday at Lost Lake, at 1830...for all you who are reading this from Iraq and would like to play. All levels of skills and abilities. Walkers welcome. Flaks required.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never did like Eunuch....and if I were more of a stud I would definitely join your club....what's the first rule of Flak Club:-)

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 7:19:00 AM  
Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

Are you could call it "Flak It Club" or "Flak This Club"

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 7:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home