Friday, October 13, 2006

Well, I'm back. I'm in El Paso, Texas, and I've been here since the 9th, just sitting in my hotel room going out of my mind while awaiting final processing. We have to do this reverse-CRC/SRP thing (CRC is Conus Reconcilliation Center, I think, and I have no clue what SRP is). I turned all my gear in on the 10th, and all I was missing were my chem/bio overboots. I thought we didn't have to turn those in, so I gave them to Sabah during the muddy/rainy season in Baghdad. No biggie, as they were only $15. Well worth it to keep Sabah's little footsies dry. Of course, the boots were the cause of the two massive open flesh wounds on his shins, but that's another story.

Apparently, they are processing 4000 or so soldiers through medical for deployment, so our schedule was effected as we were placed on the far-back burner. So I've been twiddling my thumbs for a few days waiting for my chance to out process through medical. Again, no biggie, because I get paid until I get home, but MAN, am I bored. I am concerned for my psychological well being. Being this bored and alone after experiencing such the opposite for the past year in Iraq is really tough. I don't think I'm adjusting well. And the thing is, even when I finish here, I will have to go to Mexico and sit on my ass, alone, for another week ++. Dang. Dave is training in Memphis, so I won't see him until about the 29th. Waaaaaaaaa.

Well, today I checked out of the hotel and arrived on base at the appointed 0600 muster time, only to be informed that there was a huge mistake and show time isn't until 1100. I made my flight arrangements for 1500, so I hope I make my flight. The Army is so good at screwing up schedules. They are even better at it than the Marine Corps. Good thing I am so well-versed in hurry-up-and-wait. So, here I sit at Starbucks waiting for the hours to tick by. I need a nap. Just 3 hours 'til the new show time...woohooo!

Later I'll tell you about the hike I did yesterday morning.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Question...did you have to turn in the boots they gave us or just the chem overboots? Thanks =)

Sunday, October 15, 2006 3:30:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Just the Chem overboots, not the leather boots. Yut!

Sunday, October 15, 2006 3:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy

I looked up Nancy of the G4 web site and learned you have quite a background. Surprised the Major treated you so badly. Whats next for such a world traveler?

GMB from TX

Saturday, October 21, 2006 1:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you aren't still drunk in a ditch in Mexico ;)

Thursday, November 02, 2006 4:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girlie...time for a new post =)

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 7:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree Nancy - where the heck are ya, girlfriend? Miss u!

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 7:25:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I KNOW! Sorry, guys. I miss ya'll, too. I am sorry to report that I won't be able to catch up with you in D.C. I changed my plans last minute. Dave is training in Killeen, TX, and I have a 3-day driving gig to do for a friend, so we packed up and drove my car and my junk from Baltimore to here a few days ago. I was planning to stay another week and a half in D.C., but this job came up, and it made sense to drive to Texas. My only regret is that I won't see you guys or some of my other very dear friends. Waaa!

All's well, though, and I am thinking about posting something new and even starting a new blog.

Right now, I am busy applying for jobs. I'm looking at advertising...sounds exciting!

Love to you,
Nanc

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 7:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to make sure you were okay, hunnie bunnie! No worries - we'll catch up later.

xoxo
Maureen

Thursday, November 30, 2006 12:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering what happened to you and why I never heard from you when you were in DC =(

Best of luck Nancy-pants!!! If ever you make it back this way let me know and I'll do the same if ever I'm in Cali =)

Thursday, December 07, 2006 6:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home