Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Hi ya'll. I have a brand new excuse for not blogging: The wireless has been down in my trailer! Yeah, no wireless in the trailer makes for a very, very grump Nancy and David. No wireless means no blog, no Google, and NO MSN chatting!!! That makes life especially crappy here.

Well, today I found a little USB internet booster thingy at the PX, and then I found a very long USB extension cable at the baby Hadji mart by the baby PX, and I connected the booster thingy to a long pole, put it up outside of my window, ran the cable through to my computer, and VOILA!!! Internet. Now, though, I am actually not sure whether my connection is thanks to my antenna, or whether the net coincidentally started working again just now. You see, I used to have a connection through some nice neighbor who (this is my theory) used to broadcast the signal. Normally, you can't connect to the wireless (Jackal Wireless) here without the special Jackal equipment, and there is a waiting list for equipment. Since I was able to magically get it without equipment before, I took my name off the equipment list. That's why I was so sad when the signal disappeared a few days ago and stayed gone. I figured I'd be without internet until the end of my tour here. But now I have it, and I am most pleased with myself.

I have nothing to update you on, really, since we don't have much going on here, but here are a few tidbits:

1. The kill board on our wall is now almost entirely full of black flies. I have space in my section for two more. Once those are filled, I will be killed out. I don't have it in my heart to do anymore killing. I'll post pics tomorrow.

2. Since the last bad "incoming" report I delivered, we have had about three more scary-ish ones. The most recent was WAY too close to my hooch for comfort. It was a very rude awakening early in the morning to hear big explosions in my neighborhood walk closer and closer toward my front door. Somehow, nobody was seriously injured.

3. I have collected enough water bottles for probably one more 5-sandbag mat. I might sew it tomorrow, if I have the proper motivation. I'm thinking about designing outriggers to add stability to my raft.

4. My puppy breeder appears to have been fooled by a false pregnancy, so no little puppies were born with my name on them. Rats. I'll have to start my search all over again.

5. I have less than a month to go, and then I'll be on a plane heading home!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You've had a busy year! Belated congratulations on the wedding and with everything else! I didn't realize I hadn't checked your blog in so long. Take care and have a safe month!

Thursday, November 08, 2007 1:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home