Monday, July 10, 2006


My “Defender Mama” behind the wheel of my new baby. Check out the pipes on Katie!

My parents are total rock stars, and I have pictures to prove it. My mom, Katie, drove 700 miles from San Jose, CA, to Boise, ID with my new Defender. She is now a certified “Defender Mama.” It’s a suitable title, I think. I mean, she’s totally hot, and totally buff, and she can Tai Kwon Do the crap out of anybody with her black-belt skills (seriously, my mom is a black belt). And it’s a good thing, too, because the poor woman got stuck in Winnemucca, NV, in the middle of nowhere, with a busted alternator. She got that fixed, plus a few other problems, and now my Defender is home, safe and sound. My parents have fallen in love with my new baby, and they have spent hours and hours fawning over her and pampering her. They scrubbed her up, even going so far as to hook their power washer up to the water heater so she could be scrubbed with hot water and a moisturizing body scrub. Afterward, my dad, Vaughn, who my friends here say looks like Sean Connery (my USNA friends call him the Silver Fox), even polished her with some sort of canopy cleaner. My parents are the best.

Sean Connery washes my car. OK, fine. It’s my dad, but LB thought he was Sean Connery.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your parents look great! Congrats on the "new baby"!!!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 1:46:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Thanks, Kelly!!! Glad you stopped by the blog. My folks are rock stars, right? Haha. Hope all's well...

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 1:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home