Monday, August 07, 2006

Internet Status Report (ISR):

LB and I were going to stay up until midnight to be the first to sign up for internet access from our trailers, but we discovered a snafu. The internet gremlins created some sort of problem for the Jackal Wireless folks, and they have delayed the "grand opening" of the network for new joins another week. We will have to wait until the 14th of August and then pray for all to go smoothly.

Background info: After 8+ months in a tent, LB (Little Barbara, our graphics artist and dear friend) and I got trailers. Ants and rats forced me to vacate the tent, and I cannot receive my usual portal, Freedom Wireless, in my new neighborhood. I live in Freedom Village, where Freedom Wireless doesn't work. Go figure. Soooo...I have to use Jackal. The thing is, Jackal remains very high-quality by limiting the number of subscribers, and I am one of the sad several who have to wait for them to increase their bandwidth and invite new subscribers. The good news is, Jackal will be faster and better than Freedom. The bad news is, I have to wait for it. SO...I won't get to chat regularly for yet another week. Waaa. But good things come to those who wait.

Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nancy,
how did you establish your Freedom account when you used that service? Were you able to go to a website and sign up or did you have to contact someone? I'm told that Freedom services Camp Slayer but I can't figure out to how contact them.

Sunday, February 03, 2008 4:17:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hi Tanya,

Hmm. I'm not sure about Freedom's Camp Slayer service. If it is there, it is simple to access. Just turn on the wireless on your computer, and allow it to do a scan for the wireless networks available. If you see Freedom, you should be able to connect to it, and it will take you to their homepage automatically. If you see Jackal Wireless, I would recommend using them. I don't think they are on Slayer, though. Slayer might use Oasis? Not sure.

Let me know how it goes.

Sunday, February 03, 2008 4:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home