Friday, August 11, 2006

Jesus and Habibi

An Iraqi American friend of ours lost his ID holder in the bathroom today. You see, Habibi (name changed to protect the guilty) is a devout Muslim, and he removes his badge carrier in the bathroom to wash up before he prays. Well, today, he accidentally left it behind, and he was in a panic. It contained all his important documents, including his palace badge, his CAC card, his passport, and other choice items. We inquired at the security desk, but nobody had turned one in. We asked in Room 300, but nobody had turned one in. Finally, I suggested that he should check his email, because if I had found a badge, I'd email the person whose name was on it. Lo and behold, he had an email from the finder of the badge. And the name of the guy who saved Habibi from pain and ridicule? Jesus, of course (with the Hispanic "hey, seuss" pronunciation). We all got a kick out of that. Thank you, Jesus. Both of you.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Nancy.

Colin here. you know, your old red-headed friend from DATW. yupyup. So yeah, Adam and I are thinking of holding a little DATW reunion with neil and chanda and were wondering when you are coming back to the old US of A, basically so we should know weatrher we should wait for your ass or not. let a brother know.

-Colinmcauliffe@yahoo.com

Saturday, August 12, 2006 2:00:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

HECK YESSS! Ya'll better wait! See you in October.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 2:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy

I was at BIAP from Nov 05 to Mar 06.. Some times I miss it, most of the time I don't. Worked in a compound over by the "Barn" and live in Slayer.

Keep cool and stay safe.

GMB

Sunday, August 13, 2006 2:54:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Oh, yes. The Barn. Love that place. I reckon I'll miss certain aspects of this place, definitely. I can't wait to get home, though.

My best to you. Thanks for reading!

Nancy

Sunday, August 13, 2006 3:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home