Saturday, October 13, 2007

FIFTH INSTALLMENT: RIDICULOUS THINGS NANCY WANTS:
I want one of these. He's a slow loris, and he's a type of sloth. I first fell in love with these little fellas back in, like, 1998, when I was on deployment with the 11th MEU, and my friend Lori and I went to the Singapore Zoo during a port call. But how can you NOT fall in love with them? They are so cute, and they move so slowly, like little old men. Haha. Seriously, though, how cute is he? And he looks like a monkey, and everybody who knows me knows I've always wanted a monkey...but that's another story...
CELEBRITY GUEST APPEARANCE ALERT!!!
Coincidentally, my new friend Wilson Gil (Hi Wilson!!!) just sent me an email with a photo of him and a mamma tree sloth and baby in Costa Rica. Remember Wilson Gil from my posting of Sept 9, 2007? It seems my rock star friend had to help mom and baby across the road so they wouldn't be killed. As he says, "They move sooooo slowly." Yea, Wilson! Glad you saved those little alien monkeys.
And doubly coincidentally, I had only just recently sent this photo to Melissa to try to cheer her up when she was having an off day. Seriously, though. Aren't they CUTE?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slow lorises are not sloths.
They are primates.
Sloths are not primates.

Saturday, March 19, 2011 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

OK. But I still want one.

Saturday, March 19, 2011 12:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home