Wednesday, August 23, 2006

LB and Nancy see some serious combat action in Baghdad. Get some! (Photo courtesy of CajunTiger)

OK. Here's the latest with our contract:

The task order, as we know it, is pretty much finished as of 31 August. Our team will cease to exist in its present form. There could be a few jobs in the new task that the Corps designed, but only a few. We have three teammates qualified for the new positions. SO, most of my teammates have to find new jobs, and if they don't want to leave Iraq in the interim, they have to find new jobs by about 1 Sept.

Luckily, it looks like most of the team will be able to work their way into something else here, because not one of us actually wants to go home yet.

My status: I don't want to jinx it, but it looks like I'll be able to transition into a position on another contract here. If it works out, I'll be doing a lot of writing (yea!), and I'll also handle some logistics issues such as vehicle maintenance and equipment accountability. It's all right up my alley, and I really think it would be a nice change of pace. I would stay in Iraq just beyond my original deadline, perhaps through about 27 October. We shall see. Fingers crossed!
Thanks for all the good thoughts...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy

When I left in Apr I had had enough with my company and their games. I know what you mean that some are not reacy to go home yet. Wish you the best of luck and hope other find new jobs or billable hours soon.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=SYColeman

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 3:22:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Thanks for that. I think my teammies will be ok; we're all helping each other look for jobs. I have to say, this is not my company's fault, and they are being good about helping us find jobs. This is a government decision, and it has a lot to do with money and the end of the fiscal year. I just think it is a devastatingly poor decision, and they will need to ammend it when there's money in the budget to do so. No sour grapes; this is just life.

Thursday, August 24, 2006 1:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck with it all miss nancy. take care. we miss bentley (and Katie and Vaughn too), but know they are having sooooo much fun up north. i am driving to camano island tomorrow with Andi and all the dogs! all three of them!! i think you and Dave should visit Jane and Jeff at their new place - right on the cliffs, with their own beach. ciao for now, Marcia

Friday, August 25, 2006 12:55:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Thanks, Marcia.
WOW! ALL THE DOGS!!! That sounds like fun. I can't wait to get back and experience that sort of craziness the real world has to offer! Take care, and thanks for checking in! -Nancy

Friday, August 25, 2006 1:31:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Ciao, Annarita! Thanks for the comment. No, unfortunately I don't speak Italiano, but my boyfriend speakes PERFECT Italian. Whenever we are in Italy, he can do all the speaking for me...so I haven't learned. But I promise to learn some the next time we go! Promiso! (Hablo solamente un poqito de Espanol.) By the way, nice blog! Ciao, bella. Nancy

Saturday, August 26, 2006 3:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet ride!!! By the way... who from TF Troy let you use their vehicle???

Saturday, August 26, 2006 10:34:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hahaha. Thanks! I wish it were mine. Don't tell anybody, but it was in the Palace parking lot, and we just jumped in for a photo. I did kill a few insurgents, though...

Thanks for stopping by.

nancy

Saturday, August 26, 2006 10:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet... Hey... the Ausies here said they're going to lay down in the Palace parking lot... They want to know if you and LB will jump on them too???

Sunday, August 27, 2006 3:38:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Um...haha...uh...Maybe, yeah. If you buy some shirts. We think the one with the Aussie Pool theme will be popular... (website launching soon...).
Cheers, mate.
Nancy

Sunday, August 27, 2006 4:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home